Pre & Post 1900

No matter how old, or new, your property is it may need some conversion and extension work.

telePhone: 0330 0972736

Online: Contact us 

1900 Homes & Renovations

Because of their age, and general condition such properties frequently experience problems of excess moisture – in other words damp.

There may also be problems with air flow in the property which can create a stuffy, unventilated property.

Such buildings are frequently in need of reconditioning and refurbishment. Poor maintenance over a period of time, by previous owners, may mean that water or electrical supplies are in some state of disrepair.

When it comes to an extension, or conversion, to your property you will need to deal with these defects as a standard part of the work.

We employ expert designers, and builders, in this area who can not only correct existing defects to your building but also have the experience required to install new systems, of the most modern specifications.

The new extension, or conversion, can then serve as a means to update the whole design of your property, subject to planning restrictions.

Fortunately, buildings of this period have many advantages which outweigh these drawbacks when it comes to a building extension or conversion.

Many properties of this period may have extensive land, or gardens, attached to them which can be used to extend the property outwards. Although not every property of this period has a garage, sheds and outbuildings can be converted into new buildings to provide you with work or leisure space.

1900 Homes & Renovations

You might require to obtain greater than one type of authorization or approval before you most likely to work at home

Always examine to see if you require:

  • Building Regulations approval-you may require this even for little improvements, such as the substitute of doors or home windows.
  • Intending consent – you generally require this to build something new or make a major adjustment, eg an expansion.
  • You do not need to get the authorization of the building regulations yourself if you hire a professional signed up with a ‘skilled person plan.’


These are plans that have actually been accepted by the government.